Thursday, November 01, 2007

Jim


I have been so incredibly busy this past week I haven't even had time to post last Friday's drawings from portraiture. Our model was called Jim/James/Sam and he rents a cottage just down the road from me. Apparently he has modelled for the group twice before which was obvious as he didn't need telling of how to pose. He was incredibly patient and even held one position for 30 minutes. He was also intrigued that I included the bandaid on his arm in my picture.


I have found that I actually enjoy drawing men much more than I thought I would. Especially older ones whose faces have that lived in look. Perhaps it's because it's more of a challenge for me. Up until this class my males looked very girly.



In the last pose of the day Jim lay on some cushions and as he needed somewhere to focus his gaze he decided to look at me. Very hard to concentrate for whenever I looked up he was staring at me, and then he decided to flirt. Obviously I'm still big with the over fifties!

Wednesday Art at Otane was spent hanging works for the open weekend on the 3rd and 4th. I took my two little ones down there but had forgotten to take some sellotape to fasten the title cards to the paintings. Fortunately there were people there willing to help out if you didn't have something. A massive range of work on display with some wonderful flower and animal pictures plus Tom had entered a painting of a Catalina plane like the one my Dad flew in during the war. There are still not enough works on display so Donna is retrieving my four patchwork paintings from Quilt Works and I'll hang those tomorrow.

I also received my first lot of work for Stage 1 of the Honours Diploma at The Learning Connexion this week. Haven't even had time to look at it yet. However the work sounds more challenging and at this level they concentrate on helping you develop your style. Just have to get funding arranged now but have finally got an appointment for a TIA application next week.

No comments: