Wednesday, May 30, 2007

No Go For Funding

I received the forms for an arts grant from the Central Hawkes Bay District Council late Monday with a deadline of 31st May. As I was wanting to mount an exhibition and this would have to be done locally I rang Creative Hastings for their input as to a venue etc. Lynn on the desk felt that the grant didn't cover solo artists but put me onto Bev who organizes the exhibitions at CH for her opinion. She was great and got me the phone number of one of the people who run Electra Gallery in Waipukurau as he'd know more than they would. I managed to ring Kevin late afternoon and he was immensely helpful. He said I wouldn't be eligible as the grant was used for projects that would benefit many people like a group exhibition. He did suggest though that I bring in some of my work when he's at Electra (on a Monday or Saturday) and if it's up to their standard they would sell it in the gallery. After selling two paintings though I would be required to become a member but this would bring me more opportunities as they hold several exhibitions throughout the year.

Finished off an order for two pendants- one a wolf and the other a horse (it's black and white so hasn't scanned in too clearly) so now able to concentrate on other work. Also finished off a landscape for my art course so onto more interesting projects there as well.

No comments: