Friday, March 21, 2008

Hippy Cat No 3


Despite being so close to moving last week I worked at finishing Hippy Cat No 3 to send down to The Learning Connexion end of term student exhibition. It turned out differently than I envisaged in a deep yellow, purple and antique gold finish. Measuring 4"x4" I painted in acrylics on box canvas. I managed to get this into the mail Friday the 14th along with Celtic Mandala and Old Friends.

After the big shift I was really happy to go along to Otane for art on Wednesday. I have no idea where my canvases are at the moment so worked on a cat brooch I found in my paint box. The big excitement was that Helen's husband Jack had completed an easel for me to use. He had adapted Marie's design so that it wasn't as tall. It will be kept at Otane with a sign "Jen's Easel" on it while Jack makes another for my use at home. At last I will finally be able to work on large canvases.

Only got an hour's painting done before we all went to Abbotslee for a final lunch before it closes at the end of March. We sat outside in the garden under umbrellas which was very pleasant. I took along my camera and got a couple of shots of the house as well as a lovely one of Gine sitting in the dappled sunlight working on some embroidery. Would make a great picture I thought .....

1 comment:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Jen
I do like your cat however he does look very sad