Friday, December 21, 2007

All Shook Up

Last night just as I was about to go to bed there was a very large earthquake. Five minutes later my friend Tanya rang to see if I was OK and told me it measured 6.8 on the Richter scale and was situated off Mahia to the north of here. Nothing was broken but I do remember gazing in horror at the TV swaying on top of the wooden bookcase it sits on. Mishka ran round the place barking which didn't help matters.


I am trying to finish three orders before Christmas (they're all wanted for presents so am feeling the pressure). Finished one yesterday and got it in the mail to Auckland. A young lady wanted five stones painted, a small dragon and tiger and three views of her cat. Not usual pictures I would consider for paintings but they worked out OK. Now I have given myself three days to complete two cat paintings I have been working on for a few weeks. I am so much a last minute Annie.

No comments: