Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Been quite a week here what with one thing and another. Once I calmed down from the news and began sleeping again I got back on track with my painting and completed the pop art painting to go to the US. Packaging a 20" square work to mail was quite a feat involving copious bubblewrap, lots of tape and two coke boxes. I will increase the price of these in future as I have worked out that once I pay for airmail postage there won't be a lot left for the 22 hours of work involved. I also finished another small 4" square cat painting for the end of year exhibition at The Learning Connexion. It's the first in my hippy Cat series and I'm hoping as I'm working in very bold colours for me that it'll catch someone's eye amongst all the larger works. It is on gallery wrapped canvas so the flowers and stripes continue round the edge. Would have liked to do a couple more paintings to send but this is a good way to test the waters.