Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sulking

Yesterday was the first day back at art in Otane. Took along my "Seawitch" painting and spent most of my time mixing and remixing colours so I could begin work on some of the decorative elements. When I got the picture home late yesterday I decided I still wasn't happy with the colours so will have to muck around again today. No one would ever believe I only had two weeks to finish this thing!

This afternoon someone from the Arthritis Society called. She'd also entered the Creative Hastings Christmas Sale and was approaching other exhibiters to see if they'd be interested in having a stall at a market day at Duart House in Havelock Nth in early March. This is going to be a fundraiser for the Society and if successful will be an annual event. I haven't attended a market in several years now but as this one only lasts for four hours and is in an affluent area it might be worth trying. She's going to send me more information next week.

Airini brought over yesterday's Dominion newspaper as she thought I'd be interested in an article on the front page. This was about a two year old girl from Aussie whose "abstract" paintings are selling for between $400 and $2,000 each. It made me want to lie on the floor and have a hissy fit at the unfairness of life. Instead of which I ate a piece of chocolate and had a quiet sulk...

No comments: