Saturday, August 04, 2007

Off The Brush Opening Night

Three friends have rung to say an extended version of the CWI report with a much longer write up on my work and background was published in Hawkes Bay Today Thursday. Much better photo as well thank goodness.

Had a very enjoyable time down at Otane Arts and Crafts Wednesday. Temperatures were much milder this week so we were able to work with the windows open plus eat our lunch out the front in the sun. I nearly completed a tiger pendant I am making for an order- would have done so if I didn't keep yakking to everyone! I can't believe how quickly time flies when you're there. Also great to talk to like minded people (or "kindred spirits" as Anne of Green Gables would put it) who know all about the joys of procrastination. I really thought it was just a case of me being lazy.


The NZ Art Guild Exhibition "Off The Brush) opened Thursday night with approximately 100 people (including the Mayor of the North Shore) attending. The paintings were displayed extremely professionally (I will resist the urge to say they were well hung)and Toni made a great job of putting mine up (bottom left).

The Patchwork painting we'd all contributed to was unveiled and got a great reaction. It will be auctioned on Trademe from the 18th August. My patch is second row from the bottom, fourth from the left. The two organisers of the exhibition sewed 140 patches together and I think did an amazing job.

No comments: