Friday, February 27, 2009

The Model Herself

I pushed myself to finish a folder of work for TLC this week and Gine took a couple of photos of larger work that couldn't be mailed. What a fantastic piece of technology the digital camera is- the photos were so professional and it was so handy to delete unwanted pictures. It made me get my A into G and I finally took four films I had sitting on a shelf for developing. I think they date from May 2008 through to February 2009 so goodness knows what's on them.

I was happy with some of my drawings that I did from Tamara De Lempicka's work. She is a favourite artist of a friend and of course I'd never heard of her until a few years ago. Her paintings done in the 1920s and 1930s are my favourites and although I am more an Art Nouveau girl I can appreciate the skill she had in painting textures.

Wednesday we arrived early at Otane for Portraiture but it turned out that our model couldn't make it so I volunteered to sit. Or rather to slump and lie down. Bam took photos throughout and I hope I have convinced her to delete most of them as they just showed up my weak chin and witchy nose. It's no wonder so many models look shocked when they see our portraits of them. Everyone had difficulty drawing me with Jacqueline saying I had a classical look which is another way of saying "big nose". Oh well it always means I look good in hats!

No comments: