Saturday, February 10, 2007

Good Pigs, Bad Quotes and Other Incidents


Very rarely do you come across such a feel good book as "The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood" by Sy Montgomery but I found it a complete delight from beginning to end. In fact I liked it so much I wrote something about it which I am embarrassed to say has been published on the official website. All I can say is that one- I'm glad I'm a vegetarian and two- I would love to live with a pig.

Picked up the donkey painting from the framer Wednesday. He charged me nearly twice as much as I expected (the same rate as I would have expected from another framer) so until I learn to frame my own work I think I'll be sticking to gallery wrapped canvases from now on.

I have put my name down for the NZ Art Guild's group exhibition in Auckland in August and also promised to take part in "Patch Works" a Collaborative Project to raise money for the group. Already I have been sent a very professional pack including a pre painted brown canvas to work on. The theme is "Soul" so am playing round with ideas for that.

I'm working on two orders at the moment, one for a border collie painting and the other for a painted brooch. Haven't had much time or energy to paint recently but got back into my course work this week and finished off a folio which I sent away yesterday. With a couple of days rain forecast it's a good time to work.

No comments: